Discover the 15 Most Beautiful Airports in the World
Airports are not just transportation hubs but also architectural wonders that showcase a city’s culture and sophistication. Here are the 15 most beautiful airports in the world that will take your breath away:
- Abu Dhabi International Airport (UAE) – With its futuristic design resembling a floating ship, this airport fits perfectly into the atmosphere of luxurious Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
- Lyon International Airport (Lyon, France) – Named after Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, a world-famous French writer, a native of Lyon, and a professional pilot, this airport has a classic yet modern design.
- Marrakesh Menara Airport (Morocco) – This airport is an architectural marvel that is used for domestic, transcontinental, and international flights. The airport’s design showcases traditional Moroccan patterns and colors.
- Incheon International Airport (South Korea) – One of the largest airports in the world, it has been recognized as the best airport worldwide since 2005 by the Airports Council International.
- Shenzhen Baoan International Airport (Shenzhen, China) – The airport is the only international airport in China connected to seaports for both passenger and cargo traffic, located in the coastal valley on the east coast of the Pearl River Delta region.
- Washington Dulles International Airport (Washington, USA) – Named after John Foster Dulles, a U.S. Secretary of State in the administration of Dwight D. Eisenhower, this airport has an iconic design with a futuristic look.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (New York City, USA) – The airport’s abstract symbol of flight design makes it one of the most original airport buildings in the world.
- Beijing Capital International Airport (China) – This airport is a museum of Chinese culture and pride of China, showcasing traditional Chinese architecture and art.
- Kansai International Airport (Japan) – Built on an artificial island, this airport is a breathtaking blend of modern technology and Japanese aesthetics.
- Dubai International Airport (UAE) – The largest civil airport in the United Arab Emirates, this airport welcomes passengers with a real forest of palm trees, creating an oasis in the desert.
- Los Angeles International Airport (USA) – One of the largest international airports in the world, it has been the most popular point of departure/destination for many years.
- San Francisco International Airport (USA) – This airport has the largest passenger turnover in the San Francisco Bay area, with a modern design that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
- Ashgabat International Airport (Turkmenistan) – The airport’s hovering falcon design is a new landmark of the country and holds a Guinness World Record for the largest enclosed space under one roof.
- Samui International Airport (Thailand) – This airport is unique because it has no inner premises except for a souvenir shop, providing passengers with a natural, outdoor feel.
- Princess Juliana Airport (Sint Maarten) – This airport offers a spectacular view for tourists due to its low-altitude flyover landing approaches and its proximity to Maho Beach.
These airports are more than just transportation hubs; they are architectural wonders that showcase a city’s culture, sophistication, and creativity.